Most rConfig issues are simple device credential issues, template misconfiguration issues, or a lack of knowledge of telnet/ ssh protocols. Some steps to help you are outlined below.
- Check file permissions issues. To resolve this, run
chown -R apache /home/rconfig on the rConfig server CLI
- A credential issue with your device. Always double check that the device in rConfig has the correct username, password and enable mode password set.
- A prompt configuration issue (has the correct device prompt been placed on the device config page in rConfig). i.e. router# or router>
- Or other connectivity issue. KB2001 will help you resolve most issues.
- Please read help files and support documentation to undestand rConfig features in more detail, such as connection templates etc..
rConfig is free to download and use. We provide a lot of documentation to get your start. Support for rConfig is not free. We welcome contributions and bug fixes to enhance rConfig to the public repo.